- Do I have to work weekends?Even though we are open for business 24/7, our working hours are from Monday to Friday. Our IT department has an emergency hotline and our weekend shoppers do not have to wait until Monday to get a reply from our customer care service team however, we make sure that every team and every employee at mytheresa.com gets to have their weekends.
- What is the official language spoken?There is no official language here at mytheresa.com. In general, the main language that is used around the office is German and in many cases and most meetings also English. Most everyone can speak both of these languages quite well. In addition to German and English you will also hear Italian and French, as well as other languages, so that it’s safe to say we will be able to communicate and understand each other no matter what!
- Who can I talk to if I have questions?Whatever questions you may have, we would be more than happy to answer them. Just call us at 0049 (0)89/679707-233 or send us an email at email@example.com
- Are you interested in hiring freelancers?Ideally our positions are meant to be full-time salaried positions. However, that does not mean that we do not work together with freelancers. We tend to hire freelancers selectively and our job listings are solely salaried positions so as to ensure that each employee can fully identify and develop with mytheresa.com. From past experience, this is the only manner with which we can maintain our standards. Occasionally however, we do make exceptions.
- Where is the office located?Although we deliver all over the world, everything happens in our company’s head office. The head office is located in Aschheim/Dornach in the eastern part of Munich, near the Munich Trade Fair Center. The location is more central than it seems in that it takes about 20 minutes with the subway from downtown Munich and another 5 minute walk from the subway station to the office!
Entry level opportunities
- Is it possible to do an internship for 2-3 months?We do not offer internships that run for less than 5-6 months. Short-term internships will not give you the in-depth look at our ecommerce business venture, which a 5-6 months internship can. Additionally, due to our limited resources, we would not be able to provide you with adequate mentoring within this timeframe. An internship at mythreresa.com not only means gaining useful work experience, but rather the full integration into a dynamic team and into our everyday operations.
- Do you offer internships for high school students?Unfortunately, the internships that we can offer to students who are still in high school are restricted to our warehouse and shipping departments.
- Can I work in various departments during the course of my internship?Internships that rotate through various departments are not possible at mytheresa.com. We would like for you to gain as much insight and experience as possible during your internship as opposed to a brief run through of all the departments. However, our company is very interdisciplinary and our teams work closely together and thus, you will gain insight in various departments and as a result it will help you understand the company in its entirety.
- If I do an internship, is it possible that I may get an offer for a salaried position?Yes. Our company is growing at a rapid rate and we are always looking for people that are a good match for us and what better way to find that out than during an internship. We can’t guarantee that there will be an opening at the end of your internship however, if an opportunity presents itself and there is an opening, then we might make you an offer before the end of your internship.
- Can I send in an unsolicited application?Of course, we actually encourage you to send in applications even if you are not applying for a specific position. Since our company is expanding, it is often the case that we have internal openings that have not been officially posted yet, or perhaps there is currently no position matching your application but in the future one may open up. If we already have your application and know what you are looking for, then we can contact you and set up an interview.
- Do you also have part-time positions?We do not offer part-time positions at mytheresa.com, all of our openings are full-time salaried positions.
- When will I receive a response after I have sent in my application?We usually respond to applications within one to two weeks. In case we need more time to review your application, we will let you know and keep you posted on the status of your submission. If you do not hear from us over an extended period of time, please do not hesitate to contact us to inquire about your application.
- How do I apply for more than one position?If you would like to apply for various positions, please tell us in your cover letter which openings you are interested in and what motivated you to apply for these specific postings. Regardless of how many positions you are applying for, it will suffice if you send us one copy of your resume.
- Which references/attachments are relevant for my application at mytheresa.com?Ideally, you should send us your cover letter, resume, copies of your most resent academic degree, and letters of recommendation from previous employers. Please only send us your most recent academic degree and letters of recommendation, or those that you feel are relevant for the position that you are applying for. If you are applying for or are interested in a position in our Creative department, you may also send us relevant samples of your work.
- Can I drop off my application in person?We kindly ask you to refrain from bringing us your application in person. Due to our limited resources and the little amount of time that we have, we will not be able to personally accept your application nor will we be able to arrange a last-minute interview. We would prefer to receive your application as an email attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may also send us your application in the mail (mytheresa.com GmbH, c/o Susanne Herzog, Einsteinring 37, 85609 Aschheim).
- How far in advance should I send in my application?Please try to send in your application 6 weeks prior to when you will be able to start working. If you are applying for an internship, please send us your application 3 months prior to when you would like to start working. However, if you do not send in your application within the above-mentioned timeframe, it does not necessarily mean that we will not take it into consideration; we also review applications on short notice.
- What do I do if my attachments exceed 3 MB?Please only attach the documents that you consider to be relevant, scan and save these in low resolution, and merge them into one PDF file. If the file still exceeds 3 MB, there are various programs that you can use to further reduce the size of a PDF file. If you do not have access to these types of programs, you may also send us an email attachment up to 5 MB, which we can then directly transfer onto our database.
- Is it possible to get personal feedback regarding my application?Due to the fact that we receive a large number of applications on a daily basis, it is not possible to give each applicant personal feedback on his or her application. In addition, we are required by law to delete your application from our database within a given time period after the completion of the selection process, thus often times making it impossible to give personalized feedback. However, if you feel that you are the ideal candidate yet did not get the job, please feel free to contact us so that we can review our decision together with you.